This fall, the Archivists Round Table of Metropolitan New York, Inc. (A.R.T.) will be celebrating its 40th anniversary with the 31st Annual New York Archives Week from October 16th-23rd, 2019.
Archives Week events are designed to raise the public’s awareness of the importance of preserving and making accessible our documentary heritage. Activities include a wide range of programming, including lectures, workshops, exhibitions, and tours of repositories, all free and open to the public. We urge you and your repositories to plan an Archives Week event and help celebrate our 40th anniversary!
Suggested Archives Week activities:
* Hold an open house, highlighting unique materials held by your repository.
* Mount an exhibition using materials from your repository.
* Demonstrate or report on activities/projects supported by grants.
* Ask a researcher to speak on the value of your collections to their research.
* Present a film festival using films or videos held by your repository.
* Sponsor lunchtime talks by archivists, historians, and other researchers.
* Organize a walking tour of your repository's neighborhood.
Please submit your Archives Week event through the linked form below for inclusion in the Archives Week event calendar:
The deadline for submission of the form is Wednesday, October 9, 2019. Questions regarding submissions should be sent to email@example.com.
In addition, as part of an effort to draw public attention to Archives Week and highlight the importance of our repositories and collections, A.R.T. will sponsor three exciting events:
-- On Thursday, October 17th, we will hold a full-day symposium focusing on, “Rebellion in the Archives;”
-- On Saturday, October 19th, the annual K-12 Archives Education Institute will take place; and
-- On Monday, October 21st, we will honor our colleagues at our Annual Awards Ceremony.