Spring/Summer 2020: Archives Intern
(February 12, 2020)
Position Type Paid Internship
Does this position satisfy requirements for course credits? *No
Hourly wage range $18- $25
Supervisor Title (All student, intern, and volunteer position supervisors should be qualified, professional archivists.) Archivist
Paid Internship for Spring/Summer 2020
The Wildenstein Plattner Institute, Inc. is a non-profit foundation that supports research in the history of art and its objects. Central to our mission is the publication of digital catalogue raisonnés and archival material on a new, dynamic online platform to be launched in spring 2020. This work is made possible in part by the gift of all of the research material and archives compiled by the Wildenstein Institute and donated to the WPI in 2016.
The intern will work closely with the Director of Digital Archival Projects on several initiatives, including:
· Arranging and indexing the digital records of a Phototeque documenting the activities of a gallery in early 20th century France,
· Indexing the digital records and research material of a catalogue raisonné published in the 1950s,
· Assisting the WPI’s team on current archival projects,
· Drafting blog and Instagram posts on the WPI’s archives.
· We request a commitment of 15 hours a week, which will be compensated at a rate of $20.00/hour. At least half of this time–but ideally all–will take place on Monday afternoons, Tuesdays, and/or Wednesdays,
· The selected applicant is welcome to begin the internship as early as March 1st. We expect the internship to last approximately three months or 180 hours.
· B.A. required, work towards an M.L.S. or equivalent preferred,
· Knowledge of library sciences and archival principles and practices required,
· Ability to prioritize, plan, coordinate, and implement multiple projects,
· High level of comfort with online databases, office productivity, software, and emergent technologies, including, g-suite applications and Mac computers,
· Professional demeanor and intellectual curiosity.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
For questions, please call or email the WPI at 212-477-6597 / firstname.lastname@example.org