Digital Asset Manager and Archivist Consultant for Photographer’s Studio
(November 13, 2019)
Project Based Consultant needed develop database for active photography studio and archive
· With studio staff and artist, provide input on design of database such as necessary fields, layout, and organization
· Perform, catalog, and process digital asset management of analog and digital photography collections
· Organize existing metadata from Lightroom into format that can be imported into database
· Apply archival standards to organization, labeling, storage, and preservation of digital and analog photographic works
· Set up a data backup system for database
· With studio staff and artist, create system of best practices for interacting with digital and analog photographic works both in studio and storage
· Communicate and collaborate with studio staff so they are able to use, manage, and add to database in future.
· MA preferred with primary study in one of the following areas: Library Science or Photographic Preservation and Collection Management and/ or a minimum of 5 years experience working in databases/ archives at artist studio, museum or library. Photography collection experience preferred.
· Candidates must possess a friendly and professional manner with excellent organizational and communication, verbal and written skills, and high attention to detail
· Knowledge of archives theory and practice
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
· Demonstrated knowledge of metadata and best practices in archival standards and applications.
To Apply: Please send Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org