Part-Time Assistant to the Archives
(February 2, 2018)
The Irving Penn Foundation was established to promote knowledge and understanding of the artistic legacy of Irving Penn, including the diversity of techniques, mediums, and subject matter the artist explored.
The Foundation is seeking a part-time (20 hours per week) archive assistant to work closely with staff for a three month period, assisting with projects involving the photography collection. Responsibilities will include the inventory and organization of artworks and their preparation for transport. Recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree (Art Conservation, Art History, Library Science, Studio Arts preferred).
- Must possess outstanding work ethic.
- Exercise utmost care and respect for fine art prints and precious materials.
- Experience handling artwork preferred, but not required.
- Adhere to strict Foundation procedures for workplace confidentiality.
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Tentative start date: March 2018
E-mail your application to: email@example.com
No phone calls please.
Applicants must be able to interview in person or by phone.
Please write a brief, one-page cover letter expressing your interest in working with the Foundation. Include your resume with current work and academic experience, as well as 2 references which may be personal and academic.