(January 29, 2018)
ASSISTANT ARCHIVIST – New York, NY
The Winthrop Group’s Information & Archival Services Division is seeking a qualified candidate for an Assistant Archivist position in New York City. The position offers an opportunity to participate in the ongoing development of a corporate archive.
Under the general supervision of a Winthrop Lead Archivist, the professional in this position will:
- PROCESS and CATALOG selected records for the purpose of accomplishing accessibility and enabling use of these resources
- ADD to an existing taxonomy utilizing defined vocabularies associated with the archival assets of a major consulting services company
- CONDUCT RESEARCH and develop content for specified topics
- IDENTIFY materials that may be particularly appropriate for digitization
- APPLY professional methods and insights to ensure quality results that will support the retrieval needs of our client’s diverse information and knowledge users
- PARTICIPATE as an active member of a team.
- MLIS or MA in history with a certificate in archival management
- Experience processing and cataloging archival records
- Experience working in business archives
- Experience undertaking content development with various documentary resources
- Familiarity with electronic records management (ERM)
- Familiarity with basic preservation techniques
- Ability to lift boxes weighing up to 35-40 lbs.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Excel and content management systems
- Familiarity with Alfresco desirable.
The Assistant Archivist will work in an office environment in Manhattan’s Garment District and in a storage environment as needed. The individual must be comfortable working alone when necessary.
No travel anticipated.
DURATION & STATUS
This is a contract position that will extend to December 28, 2018 with possibility of an extension.
E-mail brief cover letter, resume, and the names, titles, and contact information for three references, and a brief writing sample to:
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Winthrop Group, Inc.