Archivists Round Table of Metropolitan New York, Inc. (ART) celebrates the 25th anniversary of New York Archives Week October 6-12, 2013. We encourage participation in this big celebration and invite you and your repositories to plan an event or to list ongoing events that occur during New York Archives Week which echo the spirit of this celebration.
PLAN YOUR EVENT
Suggested New York Archives Week events include:
• Event of your choosing for 3 or 300 or 3,000!
• Open House, highlighting repository materials
• Tours of your company, institution, repository
• Exhibit utilizing materials from your repository
• Showcase current projects, either in progress or recently completed
• Report on grant-funded activities/projects
• Researcher talk/presentation on the value of your repository collections to his/her research
• Illustrate use of your repository's collection for outreach
• Film screening or festival using moving images from your repository
• Lunchtime or anytime talks by archivists, historians, and other researchers
• Informal discussions for the public to understand your collection and meet repository personnel
• Organize a walking tour of your repository's neighborhood
Let the public know what you do. New York Archives Week is the perfect time to create awareness of your repository. ART will include your event on the public calendar which will also be highlighted in New York Archives Week publicity. For more suggestions on types of events, see the 2012 New York Archives Week Calendar.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS
Submit your event online by Friday, September 6, 2013, 2:00 pm. Complete event details, including event date, time and location must be determined prior to submission. Please do not use this form to submit proposals for regular ART Monthly Programming events; those may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for future consideration.
We appreciate your submission via our online form, but if for some reason you need to submit your event via email, you may download a New York Archives Week Event Form in Word which you can download to complete and submit via email to: email@example.com
QUESTIONS CONCERNING SUBMISSIONS may be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
New York Archives Week events are designed to raise public awareness of the importance of preserving and making accessible our documentary heritage. Activities include a wide range of programming, including lectures, workshops, exhibitions, and tours of repositories, all free and open to the public. In addition, as part of an effort to draw public attention to New York Archives Week and highlight the importance of our repositories and collections, ART will sponsor three events: a full-day symposium co-sponsored by the Center for Jewish History titled “Disaster Planning for Archives and their Communities” (October 7), honor our colleagues at the annual ART Awards Ceremony (October 10), and the fourth annual K-12 Archives Education Institute.
ART acknowledges MetLife as a major sponsor of New York Archives Week.
Archivists Round Table of Metropolitan New York, Inc. (ART)