Webinar: Open Government at the National Archives
Please join us for a webinar with the Archivist of the United States, David Ferriero, and other National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) executives on Tuesday, March 29 at 2:00 PM Eastern Time. We will discuss the agency’s next Open Government Plan and initiatives and seek your suggestions, ideas, and feedback on how we can improve.
Share your suggestions or questions in advance and during the webinar on History Hub, our pilot collaborative platform, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You’ll also be able to make suggestions by chat or phone during the webinar, but we’d love to have your contributions on History Hub.
Do you have ideas on how to improve the researcher experience? Do you have suggestions for better ways for NARA to collaborate, encourage public participation, or innovate? Can we provide greater transparency to our records or our processes? Let us know!
Learn more about our efforts by reviewing our previous Open Government Plan.
What: Open Government Plan briefing and listening session, a webinar with David Ferriero and other NARA executives.
When: Tuesday, March 29, 2016 at 2:00 PM Eastern Time; you may join 10 minutes prior.
Register today: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/webinar-open-government-at-the-national-archives-registration-23818937082
Webinar Login: http://ems7.intellor.com/login/703482
Dial-in: After you have connected your computer, audio connection instructions will be presented. You will be connected to the conference with the AT&T Connect Web Participant Application - there is no software download or installation required.
If you are unable to connect to the conference by computer, you may listen by telephone only at 1-877-369-5243 or 1-617-668-3633 using 0996865# or Find an Alternate Number.
If you need technical assistance, call the AT&T Help Desk at 1-888-796-6118 or 1-847-562-7015.
· Introduction - David Ferriero, Archivist of the United States
· Open Government Plan Process - Pamela Wright, Chief Innovation Officer
· Innovation - Pamela Wright, Chief Innovation Officer
· Research Services - Ann Cummings, Access Coordinator
· Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) - Gary M. Stern, General Counsel and Chief FOIA Officer
· Declassification - Sheryl Shenberger, Director of the National Declassification Center
· Records Management - Laurence Brewer, Acting Chief Records Officer for the U.S. Government, and Director, Records Management Operations Program
- Ideas, Comments, and Suggestions - Participants of the webinar are asked to share their thoughts on what NARA should do to strengthen open government.